The Care Quality Commission (CQC)
CQC Report 2016
We are pleased to announce we have the report from the visit in February 2016 which was passed with a GOOD rating throughout.
You can view the report here or on the CQC page directly.
The Care Quality Commission is the independent regulator for all health and social care services in England. It makes sure that services such as GP surgeries, dentists, hospitals and care homes provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care, and encourages these services to improve.
All GP surgeries are required to register with CQC who will make periodic inspection visits to each practice to assess and rate it to ensure it meets the required standards.
Our registration includes our Statement of Purpose
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 every registered provider must have a Statement of Purpose. This is a document which includes a standard required set of information about a service.
The Statement describes:
- The Provider's aims and objectives in providing the service
- The kinds of service provided
- The health or care needs the service sets out to meet
- The locations where the services are actually provided or provided from
- Details from the provider including their legal status, and any manager, including the 'address for service' for all registered persons.
Birchwood Medical Practice Statement of Purpose 2019
What are CQC looking for when carrying out their inspections?
Each service that CQC inspects (eg GP surgeries) is assessed against five key questions:
- Is it safe?
- Is it effective?
- Is it caring?
- Is it responsible to peoples needs?
- Is it well led?
These questions will be asked by inspectors in relation to six population groups:
- Older People
- Those with long term conditions
- Families, children and young people
- Vulnerable people
- Those with poor mental health
CQC will visit the practice and speak to staff, patients and representatives from our PPG (Patient Participation Group). They will then compile a report, which along with our rating, will be posted on our website and in reception.
There are four levels of rating: