Patients on regular medication will require repeat prescriptions and, for a safer and speedier service, these are now computerised. Your doctor will have entered onto the computer what medication you are taking and each time a new prescription is issued by the computer a new request form is also generated for you to make your next request. Requests for repeat prescriptions are generally not taken over the telephone, for medico-legal reasons, as errors can occur in verbal communication.
Please observe the following:
- Allow at least three working days for your repeat prescription to be processed.
- If you have more than one repeat prescription, please try to order all your items together.
- Clearly indicate where you would like your prescription to be sent by filling in the space on your “Repeat Prescription Request Form". Prescriptions may be collected from the surgery or we can send your prescription direct to one of the Horley or Smallfield chemists. Alternatively, we can send it to your home address, provided you enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope.
- Either deliver or post your 'Repeat Prescription Request Form' to the surgery where there is a collection point located on front reception desk. Out of hours, these can be placed into the letter box located on the door of the surgery.
- If you are receiving any medication which is not on your request form, please add this clearly on the request slip and it will be added after verification with the doctor. Please note this may delay the issue of your prescription and you might be asked to see or speak with a doctor before issuing new medication.
PLEASE OBSERVE THE DIRECTIONS AND WARNINGS ON 'OVER-THE-COUNTER' MEDICINES
Always discard unused medicines your doctor has prescribed or return them to the chemist. Never use any medications which have been prescribed for somebody else and never keep any unused drugs in your family medicine chest 'in case of future need'.
Let your doctor know if you are buying regular medication (eg aspirin) as this may affect the treatment you are given.